Thursday, January 22, 2009

my new appreciation

Do you ever have one of those days where you think "ugh, I must be in the lead for worst mother ever award"? I'm having one of those days. And the thing that makes this one really bad, at least in my mind, is that I was trying very, very hard to do the right thing. I prayed about it, sought counsel, and really tried hard to do the right thing. And then two hours later it became very apparent that I had, in fact, made a bad decision and the guilt started setting in. It wasn't an immoral decision or sin; it was just a bad decision that had consequences with one of my kids. As I was mulling this over in my kitchen, I gained a new appreciation for my Heavenly Father. He is all knowing and filled with wisdom. Every decision He makes is just and right. I don't have to worry about facing consequences of a bad decision that He made in regards to something in my life. Every single decision, no matter how big or how tiny, that He makes is right. And when you really think about it and ponder it, that fact is awesome and amazing. I am also hugely grateful for a child who trusts her mom and is so extremely quick to forgive when I mess up and don't trust her. Proving once again that sometimes it takes stumbles to really have an appreciation for my Savior.

No comments: