Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Together Time

Between strep throat and record breaking cold last week, we had a lot of together time in our house--if it is possible we may have had too much together time--well, too much together time inside these four walls! But for the most part we had a blast (when we weren't vomiting or shaking from the chills from our fever!). I thought you'd enjoy some shots of what the kids did.

Joe's parents came out the beginning of the week so John got to open some of his birthday presents early and enjoy them while he was sick. He got the expanded pack of Lincoln Logs and turned into mister engineer. It is pretty much impossible to convince him to get creative and not follow the instructions included. Note the plans laying out on the counter.
This is Sara getting started on her paint by number. She actually got a lot done on it last week since between being sick and snow days she didn't go to school at all. She has a lot more patience than I do!
And Webkinz, of course! I must say I can see how this can become very addicting. It looks like a lot of fun--so much so that I may ask for one for my birthday! It certainly easier to take your pet outside in Webkinz world than it is in real life! (We also played a lot of Tinker Toys. You can see them in the background.) And, I almost forgot! We finished reading The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Then Joe watched the movie with the older ones. Great Fun! I love introducing classic literature to the kids! I'm trying to decide what to read next. In the meantime, we've been hanging out with Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle in the evening.

1 comment:

BreAnna Fowler said...

First, I am a BIG fan of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle.

Second, I admit it, I have my own webkinz! My two eldest got them and my husband and I enjoyed it so much, he bought me one.

Have fun with your kids on there!