Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Words you don't think you'd ever say...

The 2nd graders have been studying the brain. Sara got to bring home the plastic version of it yesterday--she was so very, very excited (seriously, she was extremely excited). But it also led to statements I never thought I'd say and always felt a little weird when I did:

John, give Sara back her brain.
No, don't throw the brain.
Sara, can you please take your brain to your room.
And, on the way out the door this morning, "Sara, don't forget your brain!" (Okay, maybe I've said that one before.)

Oh, and I think my training is paying off. I actually had a child say to me yesterday "Mom, my bottom itches. Can I go to the bathroom and stratch it?" Yeah! for politeness! Oh, and yes, I did then take the opportunity to tell said child that he/she does not need to ask the next time. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood. Sometimes they just make you so proud!

No comments: