Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My new blow dryer

I had to read directions to use my blow dryer this morning. It all started about two weeks ago. I almost caught my hair on fire with my blow dryer. I really liked my blow dryer (and it was paid for!), but seeing in the mirror flashes of fire shoot out of my beloved blow dryer communicated that it probably needed to go into the trash. What does it reveal about me that I actually thought about not throwing it away at that point? Anyway, serious problems with wet hair were averted because Sara has her own blow dryer that quickly became my solution. I'd been using it for a couple of weeks when my husband to pity on me (and Sara!). He was out shopping yesterday and bought me a new blow dryer. He also stood in the make-up aisle for probably 10 minutes reading off lipstick names to me via cell phone to see if any of them rang a bell since I couldn't remember the exact name of my lost lipstick but thought I'd remember it if I heard it. Unfortunately, none of them rang true and I decided I would need to go get my own lipstick. What a guy! Right?! Anyway, back to the blow dryer. He loves me so much that he didn't want to just get me any old blow dryer. He got me a Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Styling System! According to my own research, Conair blow dryers are the best thing on the market besides professional ones. (I'm sure he did his own research!) It had so many settings that I had to get the directions out to use it. Evidently it has some kind of ion thing that you can turn on that will help eliminate static in your hair. How awesome is that?! So here's hoping I can style my hair to equal the quality of the blow dryer I'm using.

No comments: