Monday, April 30, 2007

Hair Day at the Horns--part 2


I was going to include this on the same post as the last one, but I didn't like the way it was turning out and it is after 8pm. (Anyone who knows me knows that my brain officially turns off at 8pm) The other hair thing that happened at our house this afternoon is that I discovered my first gray hair. Now, I'm turning 34 on Thursday, so aging has been on my mind off and on the last couple of weeks. I was looking in the mirror this afternoon and determined that my skin was looking more and more like my own mother's, when I noticed an odd hair sticking straight up on top of my head. It looked white so I pulled it. Honestly, I was very skeptical that it actually was a gray hair. My hair is streaked with some white blond and always before when I thought I found a gray hair, it turned out to just be a white blond hair. So I went to seek a second opinion. My husband, who is always singing the praises of my beauty, informed me that no it was not white blond--it was indeed, definitely, very definitely a gray hair. So much for the beautiful red hair lasting 'til my death. Ah, well, at least I can hope it sticks around until I'm 50.

No comments: