Saturday, May 5, 2007

What exactly are in those vitamins anyway?

Yesterday the girls had their annual check-ups with our favorite pediatrician. He really is great. I think the reason I like him so much is that he doesn't just tolerate my children, he genuinely likes them. And he ends every check up visit declaring that they are perfect! (Of course, I already knew this, but it's nice to get confirmation.) He doesn't even care if we get cheerios or crackers on the floor or tripping over the entire collection of books that the kids have removed from the basket or manuevering around Nathan's stroller or having John attack him with his stuffed dog or--I could go on, but you get the picture. He also treats me with respect which goes a long way as a mom.

Anyway, the girls were weighed and measured, poked and prodded. They both grew 3 inches in the last year and one gained 6 pounds and the other 9 pounds. Both of them are on track to be about 5'8" as adults. The vitamins must be doing their thing because I'm fairly certain that it is not their vegetable intake. Ashley got her last three shots for kindergarten (she has declared that they are the last three shots ever, for her entire life and if sincerity were a factor, they would be) and she did extremely well. I don't think the nurse even got kicked this time. (Last year with Sara was NOT pretty!)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Please tell Ashley that Grandma and Grandpa Horn are proud of her for getting her shots.