Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Can she be that old already?

Ashley went to kindergarten open house with me last night. I just can't believe she is 5 and will start school in the fall. I was reminded once again what a great school my kids are in. What a huge blessing! I was also reminded of how far Sara has come in just a short 9 months. She didn't even recognize all her ABCs when she started in the fall and now she is reading and doing addition and subtraction. Wow! Moments like last night truly are bittersweet to me. On the one hand it creates sadness as I realize Ashley is growing up and won't be at home all day with me starting in August. On the other hand, there is excitement to see her grow intellectually as well as emotionally and spiritually. It is so much fun as they get older and I get to relate to them on a deeper level. As Joe says, this is why we have kids, so we can raise them to be adults.

No comments: