Friday, May 18, 2007

I got to drive the truck today. We have a minivan--a must have item for a family our size. I normally drive the minivan, but today I got to drive the truck. We have a rule (albeit unspoken) that whoever doesn't have the kids with them gets to drive the truck. It's a big deal!!!(except for Joe who gets to drive it to work everyday) You are probably getting the picture that the truck is the cool vehicle in our driveway. Don't get me wrong--I'm very blessed to have a minivan... it is very practical, runs great, it's gold in color, but occasionally it's nice to feel cool. Today was a perfect day for that--mid 70s, sunshine, slight breeze--absolutely perfect day for a drive in the truck. So I took advantage of it. I rolled the windows down, turned the radio to the retro weekend station (AKA 80s/90s weekend--I have no idea why they call it retro!) and cranked it up. It was great. I was just getting into the grove of things when there was a promo piece for a live concert that the nearby town was giving. "That sounds great," I thought, "people get to go to that in great weather. Now, let's get back to the music--something with a good beat would be great!" It was right after that thought that the DJ explained we were now going to get to experience the live concert on our radio. The name of the group: Wicked Liz and the Belly Swirls (folks, you just can't make this stuff up!) Needless to say, my cool moment was over, the windows immediately went up for fear that someone at the stoplight might hear Wicked Liz. The point at which she continued to say "Dig it" the radio was turned off. Later as I was describing this to Joe I told him that she sounded like an American Idol wannabe--well, maybe even not that good. Joe responded "Maybe she was a really good singer and the Belly Swirls were just throwing her off." Hopefully this is the last time I type, say, or hear the words "Belly Swirls" in association with music or anything else. Definitely need to pick a different station the next time!

No comments: