Thursday, May 17, 2007

The dreaded kids' room

I ventured down to the basement this morning. Our basement is officially our kids' room and so I treat it as such. I'm not down there much. But this morning I got in a mood (I even cleaned the kitchen cabinets!) and decided to tackle the basement. Dum, dum, dum, dun-- You know it's been too long since you've cleaned the basement when:

  • you say "I didn't know we had 3 of these--no wait, 4"
  • you discover that the sink doesn't really eat the sippy cups--the couch does
  • you say "ugh, what is that?" more than once while looking at your hands
  • you had no idea that about 10% of the toys even existed (does the toy fairy bring these at night?)
  • seriously, do you think 6 stuffed Winnie the Poohs is enough for our family?
  • you also discover that you didn't really need to go to the store last month and buy socks, you just needed to look in the basement
  • you bag up toys into 2 trash bags and none of the children notice!! (I wonder if I can get away with 3? I haven't cleaned out the video cabinet or the basement closet yet!)

1 comment:

Garden Girl said...

LOL - the couch eats sippy cups - LOVE IT!

I've got funky smell in our basement play area. You may have just encouraged me to freshen it up a little!