Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'll make you an offer you can't refuse...

Joe took John with him today when he (Joe) got a haircut. John was a little nervous. The last time he had got a haircut I accidently nipped his neck with the scissors. It didn't bleed or even leave a mark--at least a physical one. It has very definitely left an emotional scar. I guess on the way to get Joe's haircut they had the following conversation which Joe relayed to me:

Joe: You can sit and watch while I get my haircut.
John: I want to stand and watch.
Joe: Why, John?
John: I don't want her to cut my neck
Joe: Well, John, she isn't going to cut your hair. She is just going to cut mine.
John: What will happen if she cuts my neck?
Joe: Well, mommy wouldn't be very happy.
John: So when we go home and tell mommy she will come back and get rid of her?

I guess I've developed a reputation with my son...

1 comment:

Alissa said...

"It's not personal; it's business."
:)