Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lowered expectations

I've come to realize how my mornings go really depends on my expectations. For me, the lower the expectations the better the morning. You may remember that yesterday morning did not go well--I think my expectations were too high. This morning I lowered them significantly. My goal was to have everyone eat breakfast and dressed by the time we left for school--no morning devotions, no baths (even if we got yogurt in the hair--it would have to stay there), no fancy hair--ponytails would work fine--just dressed and in the car by 8:15. My morning was great. I even realized at 8:10 that I had forgotten to pack their lunches, but since my expectations were low everything else was done by 8:10 so I had time to pack their lunches. We were all dressed and in the car at 8:15. Goal met--mission accomplished!

No comments: