Friday, September 28, 2007

My AWESOME present

This morning I received my early Christmas present, and Valentine's Day present, and Birthday present, and Anniversary present, and probably Christmas of 2008 present as well. My new dining room table arrived. I don't have the picture of it yet, but this occasion definitely deserves two blog posts and so I will post the picture in a different post. It is sooooo awesome! With the leaves it sits 10! So when we have people over now we can actually all sit at the table and not be scattered about the house on different seats. The only, only drawback is that I've become rather harsh with the children concerning the new table. It has been determined fairly quickly that bar stools for my kitchen counter are definitely going to be a necessity. I'll just have to find some place else to put the computer. Now, you know it is a big deal if I am actually sacrificing counter space that is currently used for my computer! That space has extremely high real estate value in this house. However, if it will keep my table and chairs pristine for centuries to come (yes, I am planning on willing them to my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren), then I am willing to make the sacrifice. The picture will arrive soon--I can tell you are all waiting with bated breath...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Can't wait to see the pictures, karen! It sounds gorgeous!!