Monday, February 11, 2008

feeling more at home...

I realized this morning that there are lots of signs that this is slowly but surely becoming home. I know my house is becoming a home when...

  • I recognize the sound of the mail truck parking on the street
  • I see at least two people that know me whenever I go to the community center
  • there are at least 2 grocery clerks at Kroger who know me and my boys
  • I have managed to clutter all my closets and they need cleaned out already
  • it has been at least 2 months since I banged my head on the low ceiling on the stairs to our basement
  • I can walk through pretty much the whole house in the dark and not injure myself
  • and lastly, the defining moment, I think I'm ready to start painting it! After the last house I didn't think I'd ever paint again, but I actually told Joe this morning what rooms I wanted to paint.

No comments: