Saturday, February 16, 2008

name that movie...

Joe is off at the local fishing and boating show. Because I knew he was going to be gone and I was going to be home alone with the munchkins, we did early morning errands so I could get out for at least a little bit. I had to get out. Normally being home doesn't bother me but I had been home sick all week and wasn't looking forward to another day of it. On the way home we drove along the river and saw 7 bald eagles--very, very, very cool. A couple of them were very up close. Then we got home, I put in the promised video for the kids (The Little Mermaid, if you are interested) and then after talking to my mom on the phone, I kind of wandered around wondering what to do. We've been debating about getting a new computer. I need one, but don't want to buy one. Our current computer is a laptop and we are looking at getting a desktop. I want the internet connection for the desktop to be downstairs (currently it is upstairs). All that to say, in my wandering, I decided to see if I could get my internet modem and wireless modem set up downstairs. So I disconnected it and reconnected it downstairs. BTW, it worked. Now, finally, getting to my point, on a whim I decided to connect my TV upstairs to the cable that was formerly being used for the internet. Then I let my TV search channels to see if I by some freak chance could get some cable TV channels. (We use bunny ears at our house.) And, what do you know, we get 8 channels. Now one of the is TBN, and NICK is very fuzzy and the 3rd one is the TV guide channel so those don't really count. We get Comedy Central, CNN, ABC family, SPIKE TV and WE--not really sure what WE is, but we get it. Not only that, but a movie that I think has some really hysterical parts in it is currently on Comedy Central. Here is a line from it: "You know the problem with being smart? You pretty much always know what is going to happen next." So, name that movie... (I've probably made it waaaaay to easy for you.)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Bandits

Horn herd mom said...

For Joe's benefit, I will add "Cute as a beaver!"

Alissa said...

"umm...beavers and ducks!!"

I love Bandits. That is truly one of the most hilarious movies. :)