Tuesday, February 12, 2008

John's new favorite entertainment

We've got the sickies at our house today. Nathan has a pretty good fever and I have a stomach bug. So the three of us have been watching much more TV than normal. We don't have cable, so our entertainment consists of a lot of PBS kids when we are sick. Cartoons finished a half an hour ago, Nathan is down for a nap, and I went to the kitchen to find something to feed my system that would stay down. When I returned to the living room I found John completely enthralled with a PBS cooking show. "They're making cookies, Mommy!!" He said to me very excitedly. He was more attentive to that than he was to Super Readers--which for him is the king of all cartoons. So the next time you see him you'll have to ask him how to make coconut macaroons.

2 comments:

Garden Girl said...

Oh, man! I'm so sorry to hear you got the stomach bug. Hang in there!

My kids also love cooking shows. Luke wants to go visit Martha at her house (or so he has told me).

LivingFree said...

So sorry you have the "sickies", I'll be praying for health and healing to come quickly!

Iron Chef is one of my kids' favorite. One night when Dakota was helping me in the kitchen he remarked that his dish was better than Todd English's.

I'm with John on cooking being better than reading. Today I let my kids skip the book work and instead we make homemade bread!