Saturday, December 11, 2010

Favorite Things--Day 11

minty hot chocolate. I am typically a coffee only kind of a person. Very rarely will I drink tea (I have to be feeling really wretched and be convinced it will make me feel better if I drink it) and I usually think why drink hot chocolate when you can have a nice, strong cup of coffee. I also am not usually a peppermint lover. It's "okay" but not a preference that I usually go for. However, when I was in college (my pre-coffee days) a friend introduced me to peppermint hot chocolate. It is fairly simple...make the hot chocolate and stick a candy cane in it. I fell in love. It is perfect for this time of year. You can also stick a piece of peppermint candy in it, but it is tons more fun to have the candy cane that you can stir with, suck on, and get sticky with while drinking the hot chocolate. I've introduced it to my kids and they love this sticky treat.

No comments: