Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Favorite Things--Day 7

Pecan Pie Muffins. About 10 years ago Joe and I visited Grandbury, TX. It was a short distance from our home at the time. I only remember a few things about the trip...it was cold for Texas, it was one of our last trips before we embarked on parenthood (I was very pregnant), I had one of the most delicious meals I've ever had in my life, and pecan pie muffins. We stayed at a bed and breakfast. The hostess served them for breakfast so we basically had dessert for breakfast. She was so gracious to share the recipe with me and since then they have been a staple in our house around Christmas time. I am currently preparing for our annual Christmas open house and have the recipe out in preparation for that (they are one of the more popular items at our open house). I thought I'd share the recipe:

1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 stick butter (do not substitute margarine)
1 egg

Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Yield: 12 muffins

That's it. Seems to easy to be so delicious doesn't it? Trust me, they are yummy. I typically make them in mini-muffin form. Joe has been begging me for the last couple of years to make the full size version and serve them over ice cream with caramel. Ahhh, I gain weight just thinking about it which is why I've not attempted it. I'm also afraid I would never go back to the mini version.

2 comments:

The Bullhorn said...

Ah yes, the babymoon. I remember it well. I still remember the restaurant, with its rickety chairs and amazing food.

Seriously, though. Make the big ones and bust out the Breyers and caramel sauce New Years Eve, will ya? Please!

Kim said...

OK, I'm going to have to use your recipe. Somewhere along the line I've added an ingredient and everytime I make them, they are a complete disaster. I love these & have made them successfully. I just don't know what happened. Thanks for the recipe...again!!!